Social Venture Partners (SVP) Philadelphia moves beyond traditional philanthropy by practicing a trust-based model.
SVP supports Investees by providing multi-year, unrestricted funding that helps service providers strengthen capacity and fulfill their missions their way. Additionally, SVP Partners provide Investees with long-term, pro-bono consulting and professional resources.
Following SVP's recent announcement of its new Investees (and despite the late-July heatwave), staff, Partners, Investees, and nonprofit leaders alike gathered on Victory Brewing's beautiful Center City rooftop for SVP’s Summer Social. (Check out the photos here!)
According to the recent report, Reflecting Forward, the biggest challenges facing Black-led nonprofits in Philadelphia are those related to fundraising. Black nonprofit leaders have historically had less access to the city’s largest funders and have not been afforded as many seats at as many tables as their white counterparts.
Leaders from the Black Nonprofit Chief Executives of Philadelphia had some recommendations for bridging the philanthropy equity gap.
One was plain and simple: Get to Know Us. And that's exactly what SVP helps make happen.
SVP intentionally creates networking opportunities between philanthropic leadership and BIPOC-led nonprofits. They provide an open and inclusive space where everyone can come together to meet and mingle to ultimately work together for a common good.
The Summer Social is just one example of how SVP breaks barriers that restrain small and BIPOC-led nonprofits in Philadelphia.
Are you SVP’s next Partner?
- Participate in programming that galvanizes partners through collective action
- Leverage your resources to help those closest to the issues increase their impact
- Collaborate with like-minded people committed to addressing the root causes of poverty in our city
- Build your leadership profile in Philadelphia through increased civic engagement
- Learn from the world’s largest network of engaged philanthropists and regional champions