Seasonal Campaign Associate
The mission of United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey (UWGPSNJ) is to lead the region’s largest, most powerful fight to end poverty and expand opportunity for all. We fund nonprofit organizations and create bold solutions that break the cycle of poverty. For more information, visit www.unitedforimpact.org.
Campaign Associate is a full-time, temporary position in United Way’s Giving Department. Campaign Associates play an important part in United Way’s annual fundraising campaign, which raises millions of dollars for the community each year. Associates serve as the primary point of contact for an assigned group (portfolio) of corporate and nonprofit partners. Key responsibilities: support employee giving campaigns by helping with planning, logistics, and execution; organize and support and/or host virtual volunteer activities; for companies and local boards, schedule meetings, take notes, and operate Zoom controls; and input information in UWGPSNJ’s database. This job is an excellent way to learn about the nonprofit and philanthropic landscape in Philadelphia.
The position runs approximately 13 weeks, from around the first week of September through the first week of December. Regular full-time employees are scheduled to work Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Work can be performed primarily remotely but will, from time-to-time, require in-person meetings at which COVID 19 precautions shall be taken. Associates will have access to a company-provided laptop and dedicated workspace at United Way’s offices in Center City Philadelphia.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBLITIES
- Clearly articulate the mission and value of United Way to diverse external audiences
- With strong attention to customer service, create positive working relationships with campaign contacts to help develop plans to encourage leadership support and participation from company staff
- Research account history and analyze campaign activity, as well as provide reports internally and externally
- Maintain complete and detailed recordkeeping
- Deliver United Way presentations at campaign events (probably via Zoom or other virtual platform)
- Organize and support virtual volunteer activities, working to match companies and nonprofits
- Secure and process campaign results; ensure accurate transfer to UWGPSNJ’s finance team
- Support meetings with companies and local boards (acting as Zoom facilitator, notetaker, admin)
- Assist Giving Associates and other UWGPSNJ staff as needed
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience preferred
- Two or more years experience with fundraising, volunteer management, nonprofits and/or communications
- Motivated, highly organized self-starter comfortable working collaboratively with colleagues at all levels and able to work autonomously with strategic guidance
- Ability to plan strategically, organize priorities, multitask, and analyze basic data
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Facility with online conferencing tools, plus any advanced skills in writing, PPT presentations, video editing, graphics creation/design would be highly desirable
- Excellent computer and phone skills, including advanced competency with Microsoft Office and databases
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume via the button below. In your cover letter share how your experience aligns with the noted responsibilities as well as the attributes, qualifications, and requirements.
UWGPSNJ promotes a culture of inclusion and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.