Executive Assistant To The President/CEO
The mission of United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey (UWGPSNJ) is to meaningfully and measurably reduce intergenerational poverty in our region by harnessing, leveraging and strategically investing the collective power of donors, advocates, and volunteers. Together, we can help individuals and families break the cycle of poverty.
The Executive Assistant manages a wide variety of administrative and executive tasks that support the day-to-day activities and strategic initiatives of the President & CEO, the Executive Team, and the organization. The position is responsible for ensuring that the Executive Office operates in a manner that increases the ability of the President & CEO to focus on organizational priorities, external activities, and relationships. S/he must be able to interact with all levels of staff and volunteers in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive and with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Manages the President & CEO’s calendar and calls requiring interaction with both internal and external constituents, involves coordination of a variety of regular and complex meetings and ensures appropriate follow-up.
- Prioritizes President & CEO’s daily tasks; manages flow of information/communication that needs attention.
- Supporting the Chief Stakeholder Engagement Officer, managing the Board of Directors and Board Committee meetings. This includes but is not limited to scheduling of meetings and meeting arrangements, attendance management, roster maintenance.
- Responsible for communicating instructions and information effectively on behalf of the President & CEO. This includes screening information on incoming documents and email; composing and sending responses to inquiries and draft and prepare routine correspondence with minimal direction.
- Arrange all travel arrangements for President & CEO; serves as back-up for Senior Team travel arrangements, as needed.
- Support the Chief of Staff with UWW projects as needed, such as coordination of the annual compliance with UWW membership standards.
- Responsible to organize and manage the Executive Office files/records and any other general administration.
- General correspondence with thank you notes or other similar administrative requests.
Job qualifications, knowledge, skills & abilities
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Executive Administration, including experience in working with Boards
- Minimum of high school diploma. Associate’s or bachelor’s degree desirable.
- Exceptional calendar management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create, proofread and format correspondence
- Proficient in Microsoft Word Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook); ability to create and modify various reports and presentations as requested
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative manner and to interact well with a diverse range of constituents
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and function in a fast-paced environment; ability to perform occasional duties outside of core business hours.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to meet deadlines; must have excellent time and task management skills
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity
- Basic logic and problem-solving skills and critical thinking abilities
- Monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance; self-motivated
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please submit your cover letter and resume using the button below.
The Executive Assistant is an at-will employee of United Way. UWGPSNJ promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. UWGPSNJ does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.