Employment Opportunities Associate
The mission of United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey (UWGPSNJ) is to meaningfully and measurably reduce intergenerational poverty in our region by harnessing, leveraging, and strategically investing the collective power of donors, advocates, and volunteers. Together, we can help individuals and families break the cycle of poverty.
The Employment Opportunities & Entrepreneurship Team focuses on creating racial and social equity in the workforce. The team builds capacity, convenes stakeholders, and engages in advocacy that makes the business case for workforce equity. The goal of the team is to support the development and evaluation of high-impact practices that can then be replicated.
The Associate is responsible for implementing the strategy and activities that are set by the Managing Director, Employment Opportunities & Entrepreneurship. This includes providing support for evaluation of impact and providing support for fundraising. The Associate works collaboratively within the Mission Delivery Department and throughout the organization and is accountable to both United Way’s Mission Delivery agenda, the Promise, and Built By Philly. The Promise is a public-private partnership with the City of Philadelphia, independent stakeholders, public and private businesses, and independent stakeholders. The Promise is focused on reducing Philadelphia’s poverty rate by removing barriers to secure, stabilize, and help people grow income. Built By Philly helps businesses connect and grow. Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) entrepreneurs share their ideas for improving Philadelphia’s small business environment and creating an equitable ecosystem.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Act as a liaison between our team and our clients to ensure successful training and coaching engagements including but not limited to:
Owning partner deliverables including:
- Overseeing scheduling
- Building project plans and timelines to support key initiatives
- Assist in assessing digital assets within the Philadelphia BIPOC business ecosystem
- Setting up, managing, and coordinating projects
- Help to develop operational metrics and impact performance metrics
Managing client relationships:
- Building relatedness and trust
- Proactively ensuring partner setup and needs are met
- Addressing any issues or needs in real-time and escalating as needed
- Acting as a key point of contact for all communications with program participants
- Streamline and organize internal systems to ensure organizational success
- Support the fundraising efforts of the Mission Delivery teams of The Promise and Built by Philly
Job qualifications, knowledge, skills & abilities
- Have a passion for United Way’s mission to reduce intergenerational poverty in the Philadelphia area
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience
- Three to five years’ experience with project management and administrative management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Excellent skills with technology such as Asana and Policy Map
- Experience in client services, project management, operations, or events management roles is a plus
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to meet deadlines
- Skilled at creating systems and optimizing processes
- Calm under pressure and solutions-oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Basic logic and problem-solving skills; some critical thinking abilities
- Valid driver’s license & insurance and/or reliable transportation required for out-of-office travel as required by the position
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please submit your cover letter and resume using the button below.
This role is an at-will employee of United Way. UWGPSNJ promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. UWGPSNJ does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.