Coordinator, The Promise
The Promise is a public-private partnership of United Way, private philanthropy, the City of Philadelphia, and high performing community organizations to reduce Philadelphia’s poverty rate and support an equitable economic recovery from the pandemic. This newly launched initiative will create economic mobility in Philadelphia.
The Coordinator’s duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient coordination and operation of the team by supporting the Executive Director and the Promise Staff through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. The Coordinator will work collaboratively with all departments to ensure the delivery goals of the organization are fulfilled.
Administrative Support (50%)
- Provides high level office management and administrative support to Promise staff in managing the primary tasks: calendar management/scheduling, screening calls and emails, and making meeting arrangements. Highly Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Support and prepare for various high-level meetings with senior leaders, including The Promise Governing Board, and funder meetings, provide support for convening program grantees and special events.
- Attend necessary meetings and take meeting minutes in order to distribute to the designated personnel.
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, notes, and letters.
- Serve as a resource for staff, volunteers and donors seeking information about The Promise.
- Other non-essential functions and responsibilities or duties as related or assigned.
Data Management & Reporting (40%)
- Take a leading role in data entry and management in Andar360 (United Way’s customer relationship management database), Asana (project management tool), and Submittable (grants management database).
- Ensures that internal and external reporting, programmatic and financial reports, are prepared on time and with excellence.
- Develop and maintain program documentation and materials for internal and external audiences, including databases, memos, budgets, presentations, and content management systems.
- Conduct donor research and support preparation of call sheets and fundraising asks.
- Recommend other tools/processes to support department-wide communications, smooth workflow, and successful department coordination.
- Manages and updates, information website content for The Promise website
Job qualifications, knowledge, skills & abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience preferred.
- Two or more years of related experience.
- The ideal candidate is a motivated, highly organized, self-starter who is comfortable working closely and collaboratively with a diverse group of colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills.
- Exercise sound judgment and a strong ability to work independently thereby serving as a trustworthy and reliable source for the executive team.
- Proven ability to work in a participative and collaborative manner, and to interact comfortably and respectfully with a diverse range of people).
- Excellent skills in project management, such as the ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines and to effectively manage, organize and prioritize tasks with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Microsoft Office skills and experience required including relational databases
UWGPSNJ promotes a culture of inclusion and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to: