Annual Giving and Prospect Manager
About United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey
United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey’s (United Way) mission is to end poverty and expand opportunity for all. We are focused on new approaches to harnessing the collective power of our region to help individuals and families break the cycle of poverty, and new ways of engaging and investing in the communities we serve. We deploy several tools to that end, including:
- Motivating individual, corporate, and institutional philanthropy.
- Investing in evidence-based programming to increase opportunity and employment, financial empowerment for families, and resource high-quality early education.
- Measuring progress and strengthening the nonprofit sector in the areas of data/evaluation, leadership, and organizational effectiveness; and
- Convening local and national leaders to build and execute groundbreaking strategies for the region.
The Annual Giving and Prospect Manager is a valuable member of the UWGPSNJ Development Team and will be an integral part of supporting efforts to raise the required revenue to advance United Way’s mission. This internal operations role reports to the Chief Development Officer and is responsible for implementing prospect management processes to optimize each of the functional areas of Development. They are also responsible for managing direct mail and leadership donor fundraising processes.
This role provides an exciting opportunity for an entry-mid level development professional to deepen their skills in development operations, in a dynamic and collaborative setting.
Primary responsibilities include:
Prospect Management (40%)
- Design and implement prospect management process that aligns with fundraising priorities; manage strategy to identify, rate, assign and track prospects with the capacity to make major gifts.
- Partner with frontline fundraisers to regularly review portfolios and ensure movement and tracking of prospects through the fundraising cycle.
- Work with United Way leadership to develop systems and processes to ensure prospects identified outside of Development are actively moved through the prospect management process.
- Provide strategic information on individuals, corporations, and foundations to frontline fundraisers and senior leadership.
- Work with Data Systems Analyst to develop and refine automated reports on prospect tracking and established KPIs.
- Help to facilitate CRM usage across the organization, which supports development efforts and ensures adherence to accountability standards.
Annual Giving (40%)
- Design and execute quarterly email and print solicitation strategy for Direct Mail and Leadership donor communities.
- Lead coordination with external print and mail house vendors.
- Support bi-annual solicitation process for Alexis de Tocqueville Society.
- Collaborate with team members to refine acknowledgment process for various donor communities.
Prospect Research (20%)
- Research and analyze prospective donors. Proactively identifies new prospects specific to fundraising objectives.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates, and implements prospect research efforts, and policies to ensure Development Department has adequate prospect information to achieve its fundraising objectives.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and concerns; trains staff in research methodology and most efficient and economical means to utilize resources.
Job qualifications, knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Two or more years of development or related experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience preferred.
- Strong project management skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to create systems and structures
- Demonstrated ability to analyze large datasets and synthesize insights for executive level audience
- The ideal candidate is a motivated, highly organized, self-starter who is comfortable working closely and collaboratively with a diverse group of colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent computer skills required, including being proficient in Microsoft Office and relational databases.
- Candidate must be a strategic thinker.
UWGPSNJ promotes a culture of inclusion and seeks talented staff from diverse backgrounds. UWGPSNJ does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected factor.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to: