Never lose sight of the close connection between the private fortune of each and the prosperity of all.
- Alexis de Tocqueville
United Way’s Tocqueville Society is comprised of extraordinary philanthropists who give $10,000 or more annually to United Way, creating a profound and lasting impact on Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey and on the lives of all those who live and work here.
During our 2015-16 campaign more than 450 Tocqueville Society members collectively contributed more than $9.5 million dollars to support the nonprofit sector across our region with more than $4.6 million supporting the Impact Fund.
- Change lives through philanthropic leadership by focusing on driving community-level Impact,
- Communicate the vital role of personal philanthropic action in addressing the underlying causes of societal problems, and
- Foster philanthropic action and voluntary community service.
Tocqueville Society News
Because of the extraordinary generosity of United Way’s Tocqueville Society, we are able to scale our life-changing work to help as many people as possible, and provide more opportunities for our neighbors to build brighter futures. I am pleased to announce that we have launched a newsletter to keep you apprised of all the work happening at United Way, and how you, as a Tocqueville member, can become more engaged in this community!
- Jim Cawley, UWGPSNJ’s President and CEO
- View our inaugural newsletter, Tocqueville Society News, and learn about our work in the region. See our Tocqueville Society News homepage for more information and archived issues.
- Learn about our upcoming events,
- View photos from our 2016 Flower Show Reception,
- View our brochure and pledge form (Send form to TocquevilleSociety@uwgpsnj.org),
- Contact us at TocquevilleSociety@uwgpsnj.org or call 215-665-2448.