Too many individuals in Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey are hungry. In fact, Southeastern Pennsylvania’s First Congressional District is considered one of the hungriest places for families in the United States and Camden is the nation’s most impoverished city.
But you can help! On Wednesday, April 9, 2014, United Way volunteers from our sponsoring companies participated in UNITED2FEED, packing thousands of meal kits to stock local food pantries throughout the region, serving families in need.
We’re so committed to this effort because:
- A child can’t perform well in school if she’s hungry
- Working families still need help putting nutritious food on their tables
- Seniors shouldn’t have to choose between a hot meal and their medication
JOIN US IN HELPING TO BRING NUTRITIOUS MEALS TO OUR FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS.
Camden Riversharks Stadium
401 N. Delaware Ave
Camden, NJ 08102
|Day/Time:||Wednesday, April 9, 2014
8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
You can join us in the fight against hunger:
- Organize a collection and donate items to a local food pantry at one of our food partners listed below
- Encourage your elected official to prioritize funding for important Education, Income and Health priorities today, like the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Volunteer with one of our food partners around the region.
United Way’s Community Action Center is Supported By:
Thank You to our 2014 Sponsors
UNITED2FEED Managing Partner
UNITED2FEED Event Host
Thank you to our Community Food Partners
SHARE Food Program
Chester County Food Bank
Coalition Against Hunger
Family and Community Service of Delaware County
Food Bank of South Jersey
Montgomery County Community Action Development Commission (CADCOM)
Nutritional Development Services