At United Way, we’re focused on ensuring that people have access to the resources they need right now, but we also address the root causes of our communities’ most persistent challenges.
A free, easy-to-remember phone number, 2-1-1 connects people with important health and human services in their communities– for everyday needs and in crisis situations. Through our Impact Fund, every day highly trained 2-1-1 call specialists are providing information on and referrals to:
- Basic Human Needs Resources: food banks, shelters, rent and utility payment assistance
- Physical and Mental Health Resources: crisis intervention services, support groups, counseling
- Employment Support: financial assistance, job training, education programs
- Support for Older Adults and Persons with Disabilities: home-delivered meals, transportation, health care
- Youth and Child Care Programs: after school programs, summer camps, mentoring, protection services
- Regional Disaster Preparation
With one phone number, callers gain free, confidential access to thousands of programs and services that can help improve the quality of their lives. Help is available seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. by calling 2-1-1 (or 1-866-964-7922 in Southeastern Pennsylvania and 877-652-1148 in NJ) 24 hours a day at www.211sepa.org in Southeastern Pennsylvania and www.NJ211.org in New Jersey. TTY and language services are available in more than 170 languages and dialects.
View the latest 2-1-1 call reports!
- Southeastern Pennsylvania *Find additional 2-1-1 SEPA call reports on www.211sepa.org.
- Southern New Jersey
If you are a nonprofit agency or service provider and would like to be part of the 2-1-1database, please visit 211sepa.org/service-providers in Southeastern Pennsylvania or http://nj211.org/agency.cfm in New Jersey.
Know Your N-1-1’S
- Dial 9-1-1 for emergencies
- Dial 3-1-1 for FREE municipal or local government services (only in the City of Philadelphia )
- Dial 4-1-1 for a PAID information service (like the phone number for a restaurant)
- Dial 2-1-1 for a FREE support accessing health and human services in your community (like childcare or emergency food or housing services)
2-1-1 SEPA is brought to you by United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey in collaboration with the United Ways of Bucks County, Chester County, Southern Chester County, and North Penn United Way.
2-1-1 SEPA is also made possible in part by generous support from Bank of America and Philadelphia Energy Solutions.
NJ 2-1-1 is supported by local United Way’s in New Jersey in partnership with the State of New Jersey – Department of Human Services, Office of Homeland Security and Preparedness, and the Department of Children and Families.