Get Spooky With Us at the 2015 Bone Run!
Join us Saturday, October 24 for the return of United Way’s Halloween Bone Run and Walk! Proceeds from our “spooktacular” 5K run and fun walk benefit our Impact Fund and will help create healthier communities by promoting healthy, active lifestyles for local children through programs like New Jersey Partnership for Healthy Kids – Vineland.
Location and Event Schedule
Parvin State Park 701 Almond Road, Pittsgrove, N.J. *Course is USA Track & Field Certified
- 7 a.m. – registration opens
- 9 a.m. – 5K race and fun walk begin at Parvin Lake beach area
- 8 – 11 a.m. – Family-friendly health fair
Registration and Fees
- $25 early registration for runners ($30 day of event)
- $20 per participant early registration for Team Challenge. (There is a mandatory minimum of 10 participants for the first team; additional teams may be registered but MUST have 10 runners. Teams must be registered and paid for by September 26.)
- $20 walker donation
Runners’ packets may be picked up in advance on October 23 at Inspira Health Network Fitness Connection (1430 W. Sherman Avenue, Vineland) from 7 to 9 a.m., 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 5 to 7 p.m.
Prizes and Awards
Cash prizes will be awarded to the top five overall male and female finishers ($300, $250, $175, $150, $100). Age group awards will be presented to the top three male and female finishers in each of the following age categories: 14 & Under, 15-16, 17-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69 and 70+.
Teams of 10 runners may compete as part of the Team Challenge. (Companies and organizations may enter more than one team, but each team MUST include 10 participants.) Early registration is $20 per runner ($200 per team). Each member of the winning Team Challenge team will receive a prize. For more information, email email@example.com.
Race amenities include:
- Long-sleeved technical shirt for runners (sized guaranteed only if registered by September 26)
- Costume contest with prizes
- Post-race refreshments
- Family-friendly health fair with bounce house, wellness exhibits and more
- Free gear check
Thanks to this year’s sponsors, including the Gannett Foundation and their local newspaper The Daily Journal, UPS, South Jersey Industries, Merrill Lynch, Ace Plumbing Heating and Electrical Supplies, Inc., Cape Bank and Hand & Stone.
Our 2014 Halloween Bone Run & Walk was a spooky success, boasting nearly 400 participants and netting nearly $30,000. View photos from the 2014 United Way Halloween Bone Run & Walk!